Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3- V

While living in these apartments for the past 4 months, I have somehow gone from having 2 cats to having 6-8 cats.  When we first moved in and I saw the clan of stray cats who had settled in our new dwelling, I was hesitant on feeding them. 

Will it annoy the neighbors?
Do I want to make this a habit?
Will more come? 

It took, however, only about a week before I was feeding them scraps from dinner... then a few weeks later I was buying cat food for them (the cheap brand, of course)... and shortly after that I was naming them.  I would constantly try to pet them but they always ran away from my outstretched hands.  Eventually I was able to get 2 of these cats to let me pet them- one even comes and visits our inside cats on occasion.  I was excited and was thrilled to see them bask in my attention.  We named these two, Barton Fink and Sky.  Both of them have only one eye.

And then there was V...
V is probably the ugliest cat.  V's coat looks like one of those paint blots you make in elementary school- the ones where you fold a piece of construction paper in half, put a few dots of paint in the middle, and press the sides together- the dots of paint being brown, black, and yellow.  

V has become Arlo's (our beloved Siamese cat) girlfriend, I do believe.  They sit on opposite sides of our bedroom window glass and seem to play with each other.  For this reason I very much wanted to pet her.  I tried constantly and she would just sniff my fingers and then run and roll around on the grass. But...

Tonight! Tonight! Tonight she let me pet her.  It was only for a second, but to me it was SWEET SWEET victory.  I am happy now.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment