Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6- Reader

I have a student who is considered a "non-reader."  Today, my non-reader voluntarily read a complete sentence out loud in front of a group students with no mistakes. This same student, the first several weeks of class, would "hide" between bookshelves and under tables during our "reading circle."  He was afraid to be called on to read- even though that is something I do not do, I only take volunteers during reading circle. 

I was thrilled when I happened to walk by his small group who was reading a levelled reader that corresponds to our main text on Benjamin Franklin.  
I have watched him grow so much in the past few months and have been inspired by his growing desire to exceed all expectations. 

I get so much joy from my profession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment