Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4- Dad

Warning/Disclaimer: This is a sappy, yet beautiful (to me), entry. 

This Christmas was different from any other Christmas in that I did not get to see my dad.  Because of snow, sickness, and distance, this year we celebrated a week and three days later (today).  I do not want to ever do that again (wait), but it was so fantastic to see him.  He, Alisa, and I exchanged some gifts and had supper.  It was all very delightful.  

Upon my departure, driving out of the driveway, I was reminded of the Sundays when I used to leave to go back to school.  After visiting for a weekend, sometimes feeling like I couldn't wait to get back to Boone, it was always so hard for me to leave.  Many times I would want to just go back, turn around, and be safe. But one thing that kept me going and going and going...

that was my dad.  

I always wanted to make him proud.  I never wanted to let him down.  This was not in a negative or unhealthy way- it was what kept me going so many...hard...days. I remember always telling people, "he is my rock."

  I still feel this way and when he tells me he is proud of me or how great I am, I always think in my head "thanks, to you"  (cheesy, yet so true).

No comments:

Post a Comment