Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59- the raindrops

There are some lovely things about torrential rain storms:
everything washes clean.  
I used to love to walk in the rain when I was in school.  Since it was in Boone, the weather always seemed to have a mind of it's own and it was usually windy- too windy to properly hold an umbrella right-side out.  
the smell is... unique.
Eventually I reached this point where I was not afraid to get wet.  I did not need an umbrella or poncho, just an ipod playing "Sit Down, Stand Up" by Radiohead.  
everything seems to get greener.  green is my favorite color.
I loved to watch people finagling with their instruments in search of staying dry while Thom sang "...the raindrops, the raindrops, the raindrops..." 
the sound, when you are inside, has such a calming effect. 
I look back at these memories and think about how fun that was forgetting how depressed I probably was.  I think its a good thing that I can remember that time positively, or maybe I am just naive. 
the puddles- until one catches you.




No comments:

Post a Comment