Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 56-57: Nice Drive

Today I had one of those days.  I was feeling down today from the moment I woke up.  I was definitely in a funk and wanted to do nothing productive.  I managed to muster up enough gusto to clean the kitchen and straighten up the bedroom.  I felt guilty not getting up and getting things done.  It made me feel even more guilty when I saw Gabe doing multiple loads of laundry and cleaning the bathroom.  Late afternoon, I finally took a shower.  Gabe and I had some errands to run, one of them being in Polkville (about 30 minutes away).  During this drive we listened to Radiohead's new album, The King of Limbs.  Gabe shared with me that he was also feeling this same funk that had made home in my body and we chatted about this.  On our way back to Forest City, before I could realize it, my mood had twisted, turned, flipped, and shuttered.  I was smiling, giggling, and talking non-stop as if my funk had turned into funky.  There were several beautiful things that happened on this 30 minute drive home from a dust-stirring lawnmower to great conversation.  I wish I had the patience to share each and every detail of these moments, but I do not.  Just know that there were these beautiful things, and most importantly they all happened during a beautiful drive with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment