Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39- Dogtooth

If you know me then you know I love film. 
If you really know me then you know I love good films.  
If you really, really know me then you know that I love to think about good films and reflect for long periods of time.  Only 2 people really, really, really know me. 

We (Gabe and I) watched Dogtooth recently.  I do not want to get into a synopsis, you can IMDB it, but I do want to STRONGLY recommend that you check it out.  I don't care who you are and whether I personally think you will like it, it should be seen.  It is disturbing so prepare to be disturbed.  

I laughed more than I should have during this movie but didn't feel guilty about it.  I liked that.  I like that several days later (now) I can think about things that are so important to the storyline, yet things I did not notice due to the fact that my jaw was hanging open from either shock or laughter.  I very much like that this film was nominated for an Oscar.  
You wont see it, I know, but that is not the point of this post anyway.  The point is to share my excitement in the beauty of films that play over and over in your head for days after the first viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment