Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 96- Octopus

Sometimes things creep their way into existence in my mind.  
Sometimes they are forced. 
Sometimes, by chance, I run into them in numerous unrelated instances.  

I saw this octopus pendant on eBay.  It was quite beautiful and I added it to my watch list, unsure of my intentions.  That day (this was actually yesterday) while stumbling through pictures on facebook, I saw this same pendant being worn by a friend of a friend.  
Tonight, while looking at some other pictures (yes, I realize this paints me as a facebook-picture-stalker) I saw this same pendant again.  I don't know what is creepier- me stalking facebook pictures or seeing this odd, rare, octopus pendant 3 times, randomly, in a 24 hour period. 

Yes, perhaps this is the "new car" syndrome in which you suddenly notice something common, now important, when it was always there before. 
Yes, perhaps this is a sign that I should buy this pendant and it will bring me good fortune.  

But...Most likely, I will not buy it and will forget it in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment