Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 93- Old Town, New Town

Since moving to Forest City I must say I have been less than impressed with my surroundings.  I must also  say that I did not have high expectations to begin with, so I was really not too let down.  But I am happy to have moved out of old places where people were more ugly than I expected- not ALL people... some.  

Today Gabe and I went out on an excursion through the downtown of Forest City.  We loaded our bikes in his truck and really had no idea where we were going to ride. We settled in a parking space in the middle of downtown.  While taking back alleys and side streets to nowhere, we found weathered, dilapidated, beautiful places.  An abandoned old factory parking lot was one of my favorites.  Black asphalt lying next to a not-so-old yet not-so-new factory with slight inclines felt like the best find in this town.  Along with this were the back doors and boarded windows with pigeons that became perfect photos in my mind. 

While riding back to the car I shared my new found love for this city with Gabe.  I saw many stores, nooks and crannies that I did not know even existed.  I am looking forward to "branching out" and trying new places in this town that is feeling more and more like home, finally, after 6 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment